Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Collaborative Corpus Linguistics


Using Pinax and Django For Collaborative Corpus Linguistics from James Tauber on Vimeo.

I haven't seen this video yet (it's almost an hour long and using my current connection would take 3 days to buffer), but it seems interesting:

After introducing Django and Pinax, this talk discusses Pinax-based tools the speaker is developing to help with web-based collaboration on corpus annotation with applications from lexicography to morphology to syntax to discourse analysis.

The speaker is James Tauber. According to his web page, he is currently on leave from a PhD in linguistics at the University of Essex where I was researching the inflectional morphology of Ancient Greek.

No comments:

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...